Soup Recipes: Mint Vegetable Soup
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 15 min
Ready in: 35 min
Yields: Four bowls of soup
- 1 small cup mint leaves, extract the juice
- 1/4 cup carrot, cut lengthwise
- 1/8 cup French beans, slit and cut lengthwise
- 1/4 cup cauliflower florets, cubed
- 1/4 cup babycorn, diced
- 1 red chili, moderate hot variety, soaked in warm water
- 1/2 inch ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp corn flour, mixed in 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice, optional, I used
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1/4 cup red capsicum, julienned
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Mint Vegetable Soup
- Wash mint leaves. Grind it, adding some water. Strain it. Collect the juice. Keep aside.
- Make a coarse paste of soaked red chili, ginger, and garlic. Instead, you can crush them in a pestle. I used pestle to crush them. Keep aside.
- Mix corn flour in 1/4 cup water. Keep aside.
- Pre-cook diced baby corn, French beans, cauliflower, and carrot in salty water, for 3-4 minutes. This will lessen the cooking time. Strain the water. Collect it in a bowl. Use this water while making the soup. Adding salt helps to retain the color of the vegetables.
- Heat 1/2 tea spoon oil and 1/2 tea spoon butter in a pan. Saute, julienned red capsicum for 2-3 minutes. Add pre-cooked vegetables. Throw some salt. Stir-cook for 2 minutes on a high flame. Reduce the fire. Add red chili-ginger-garlic paste.
- Continue stir-cooking for a minute. Pour vegetable water and mint water. Let the mix boil for 2 minutes. Add corn flour mix.
- While the mix boils, pour 2 glasses of fresh water. Check the consistency. This soup should not be thick. Pour soy sauce. Add some salt to adjust the taste. Mix well.
- Turn off the fire. Mint vegetable soup is ready to sip. Serve it hot, adding a few drops of fresh lemon juice(optional) and some butter. Enjoy!!
Click thumbnail to view full-size
Step one: Wash mint leaves and vegetables
Step two: Extract juice from mint leaves, chop the vegetables, and coarsely grind red chili, ginger, and garlic
Step three: Saute all pre-cooked vegetables
Step four: Boil mint water and vegetable water with the veggies and the spices
Step five: Pour corn flour mix and soy sauce
Step six: Finally, boil the mix for 2-3 minutes
Step seven: Yummy mint vegetables soup is ready!! serve it, adding few drops of fresh lemon and some butter.