Spiced Vegetable Cakes With Chickpeas or Chickpea and Vegetable Fritters
These Chickpeas Vegetable Fritters are Mouth-watering
Chickpeas are a known source of protein that many vegans enjoy. They also contain various vitamins and minerals that boost our immune system. Chickpea dishes are delicious and filling.
In this recipe, I used onions, ginger, garlic, carrots, green peas, and chopped coriander leaves along with the coarsely ground chickpeas. These fritters are nicely flavored with fresh spices. I made these vegetable chickpea cakes by shallow-frying them in a pan with a small amount of oil. They were crunchy and appetizing. I served them hot with tomato sauce for the breakfast. You can serve them even with a yogurt dip.
Let me share the detailed recipe now.
Spiced Vegetable Cakes With Chickpeas/Chickpeas Vegetable Fritters
- 1 heaped cup chickpeas/garbanzobeans, soaked in water overnight, strained, coarsely ground
- 1/4 cup fresh peas/frozen, coarsely ground
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced or grated
- 1/2 tbsp garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tbsp green chili, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 2 bread slices, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- oil for shallow-frying, 1/2 tsp for each cakes
- 2 tbsp whole fresh peas/green peas
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Spiced Vegetable Cakes With Chickpeas or Chickpea and Vegetable Fritters
- Wash garbanzo beans/chickpeas in water. Soak them in fresh water for about 8-10 hours or overnight.
- Strain them, Pulse them to get a coarse paste. No need to add water for grinding.
- Collect the paste in a bowl. Add coarsely ground fresh peas/green peas, crushed ginger & garlic, chopped green chilies, grated carrots, chopped coriander leaves, chopped onions, broken bread slices, whole green peas, red chili powder, and salt.
- Mix well. Taste the mix. Adjust salt and chili powder according to your taste.
- Take a lemon-sized dough. Shape it like a ball. Press a little to make a patty. Make four or six such patties.
- Heat a pan for shallow-frying. Add some oil. Place the patties on the pan one near the other.
- Keep the heat medium-high. Add a few drops of oil on the top. Cook them till they get golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip each of them. Add a few drops of oil on them. Roast the other side also till golden brown.
- Now they are crunchy. Remove, and place them on a serving dish. Repeat the same for making all the fritters.
- Serve 3 or 4 fritters hot in a plate with tomato sauce or yogurt dip.
- Enjoy eating these healthy and mouth-watering appetizers!
Nutritional Information of Spiced Vegetable Cakes With Chickpeas or Chickpeas and Vegetable Fritters
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 112 mg||5%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|