I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
How to Cook Spinach and Carrot Curry
Spinach is low in fat and low in cholesterol. It is high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. In other words, it is loaded with nutrients that are helpful for your body. Carrots are high in antioxidants. They are rich in iron, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. This mildly sweet, colorful vegetable is popular throughout the world.
Making this spinach and carrot curry involves only a few simple steps. You can make it in about 25 minutes and serve it with chapati, roti, poori, etc. Enjoy the taste and reap the health benefits.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves four people
- 3 bunches spinach, washed, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp amchur powder(dry mango powder), alternatively, you can use a table spoon of lemon juice.
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder, available in Indian stores
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Wash spinach. Finely chop it.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in cumin seeds. Let them sizzle.
- Add chopped onions. Saute over medium-high heat until they turn transparent.
- Now, add coriander powder, turmeric powder, amchur powder, salt, and red chili powder. Saute for 20 seconds.
- Add sliced carrots. Add chopped spinach on top. Cover the pan. No need to add water. Spinach releases its water. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid. Add garam masala powder. Continue cooking until the carrots are cooked properly and the water evaporates.
- Turn off the heat. Spinach carrot curry is ready! Serve this nutritious side dish with roti, poori, or chapati.