I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods. I use minimal oil and don't use artificial colors or preservatives in my cooking.
Spinach, Fresh Pea, and Garlic Soup
A Lovely Deep-Green, Spicy, and Garlicky Soup
Spinach (palak) is my favorite green veggie. It is high in vitamins, iron, dietary fiber, copper, and proteins. Fresh peas (green peas) also have similar properties. They blend very well in this spinach, fresh pea, and garlic soup.
To make this, I used garlic, cumin seeds, pepper corns, milk, and tomatoes, along with spinach and fresh peas. This awesome green soup is naturally flavored and spicy. Winter calls for a spicy and refreshing soup like this!
Making this dish was simple and easy. I made it in 30 minutes.
Let me now share the detailed recipe with you.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Three bowls of soup.
- 2 packed bowls spinach(palak), washed
- 1 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh peas/green peas
- 1 tsp pepper corns
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp olive oil or butter
- 1/2 cup milk
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Spinach Fresh Pea Garlic Soup
- Heat olive oil or butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in cumin seeds, pepper corns, and garlic cloves. Saute them for a minute. By this time, cumin sizzles.
- Add spinach. Throw in some salt. Cook it covered on low fire for 3 minutes. Occasionally turn them.
- Add fresh peas and chopped tomatoes. Stir-cook them for 4-5 minutes on medium-high heat or till tomatoes become a bit mushy. Turn off the heat. Set aside for a few minutes for cooling.
- Put this mix into a mixer/blender. Grind together adding water little by little to get a smooth liquid.
- Transfer it to the same pan. Add remaining salt. Add water to adjust the consistency. This soup should be moderately thick. Stir well. Turn on the heat.
- Add half a cup of milk. Let the mix boil for a minute. Turn off the stove. Your favorite spinach fresh pea garlic soup is ready!
- Pour it equally into three bowls. Enjoy sipping this naturally-aromatic, spicy soup.
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on December 05, 2017:
Thanks Susan. This soup is natural, spicy, and garlicky. Try this easy recipe.
Susan Zutautas from Ontario, Canada on December 05, 2017:
I make split pea soup all the time but am looking forward to trying your recipe very soon. Sounds delicious!