I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
How to Make a Spicy and Garlicky Spinach and Pea Soup
Spinach (palak) is my favorite green veggie. It is high in vitamins, iron, dietary fiber, copper, and proteins. Fresh peas (green peas) also have similar properties. They blend very well in this spinach, fresh pea, and garlic soup.
To make this, I used garlic, cumin seeds, peppercorns, milk, and tomatoes, along with spinach and fresh peas. This awesome green soup is naturally flavored and spicy. Winter calls for a spicy and refreshing soup like this!
Making this dish was simple and easy. I made it in 30 minutes.
Let me now share the detailed recipe with you.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 bowls of soup
- 2 packed bowls spinach (palak), washed
- 1 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh peas/green peas
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3–4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil or butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat olive oil or butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in cumin seeds, peppercorns, and garlic cloves. Saute them for a minute. By this time, cumin sizzles.
- Add spinach. Throw in some salt. Cook it covered on low fire for 3 minutes. Occasionally turn them.
- Add fresh peas and chopped tomatoes. Stir-cook them for 4–5 minutes on medium-high heat or till tomatoes become a bit mushy. Turn off the heat. Set aside for a few minutes for cooling.
- Put this mix into a mixer/blender. Grind together, adding water little by little to get a smooth liquid.
- Transfer it to the same pan. Add remaining salt. Add water to adjust the consistency. This soup should be moderately thick. Stir well. Turn on the heat.
- Add half a cup of milk. Let the mix boil for a minute. Turn off the stove. Your favorite spinach fresh pea garlic soup is ready!
- Pour it equally into 3 bowls. Enjoy sipping this naturally aromatic, spicy soup.