I am a food enthusiast and am always trying new recipes. I love to garden, get crafty, and read a good book!
Easy, Delish, Weeknight Side Dish
Making cauliflower mash, as we call it at our house, is super simple and requires few ingredients, which makes it a staple for our family. I like that it can be made ahead of time so it's one less thing to prepare at dinner time. The best thing is that most kids will think it's just mashed potatoes when it's actually cauliflower! The consistency and taste is similar enough to fool even the savviest mashed-potato connoisseur.
Having several color options, you can switch it up and use white cauliflower one week and purple cauliflower the next week. It seems to me that the flavor doesn't vary all that much between the different colors—but for presentation, the purple sure is pretty!
Once made, this dish will last up to three days in the fridge, but it's best when it's freshly made. To reheat, simply warm in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute and stir. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!
Read More From Delishably
Everyone loves a healthy side dish!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon onion, powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cut cauliflower into small florets and place into steamer. Add 1 cup of water to bottom of steamer and turn on.
- Steam cauliflower about 15 minutes until it is fork-tender.
- Remove cauliflower from steamer and put into blender or food processor with butter, salt, pepper, milk, and onion powder.
- Blend until consistency is smooth with no lumps. Add another splash of milk if cauliflower mash is not creamy enough. Taste and add salt and/or pepper to taste.
© 2018 Lisa Bean