Step-By-Step Guide to Make Tomato and Sweet Pepper Soup
Tomato and Sweet Pepper Soup
This Is Sure to Warm You Up.
This is a colorful, spicy, and hot soup that's perfect to warm yourself up during the winter months. You need some ripe tomatos, an onion, red capsicum, potatos, garlic, butter or olive oil, carrots, red chili powder, pepper powder, a cinnamon stick or some cinnamon powder, breadcrumbs, sugar, and salt.
Making this soup At-a-Glance:
Heat butter or olive oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Saute breadcrumbs till they become crispy and golden brown. Take them out and place on a plate. Keep aside.
In the same pan, add some more butter or olive oil. Saute chopped onions and garlic for a minute. Add chopped potato and carrots. Sprinkle salt on them. Stir-cook for 3 minutes. Throw in chopped red capsicum and tomatoes. Continue cooking the contents for a while. Add a glass of water. Cover the pan. Let the mix boil for 5-6 minutes or till veggies become soft and cooked. Turn off the flame. Keep it aside for cooling.
Pour the mix into a mixer grinder. Add a small cinnamon stick. Grind, adding water to get a smooth puree. Transfer it to a deep pan. Add 2 1/2 glasses of water. Add red chili powder, pepper powder, sugar, and salt. Mix well. Boil the mix for a minute. Tomato and sweet pepper soup is ready to serve. Pour it equally into four bowls. Garnish with fried breadcrumbs and kashmiri red chili powder. Enjoy sipping garlicky hot soup!
Some Important Information
1. Deep-fried breadcrumbs absorb lots of oil. Hence, shallow-fry them in just enough oil.
2. Kashmiri red chili powder is less hot. It has bright red attractive color. Hence, sprinkle a pinch for garnishing the soup.
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot, thinly diced
- 1/2 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small potato, skin peeled, finely chopped
- 1/6 tsp pepper powder
- 1/6 tsp red chili powder, Kashmiri red chili powder preferred
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil, I used butter
- 1/4 inch cinnamon stick, or 2 pinches cinnamon powder
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Tomato and Sweet Pepper Soup
- Heat some butter or olive oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in breadcrumbs. Saute on a low fire till they become golden brown and crispy. Take them out and place on a plate. These crumbs are for garnishing the soup.
- Pour remaining butter or olive oil to the pan. Add chopped onion and garlic. Saute for a minute. Add chopped carrots and potato. Add salt. This will speed up the cooking. Continue stir-cooking for 3 minutes.
- Throw chopped red capsicum and tomatoes into the pan. Continue cooking for a while. Pour a glass of water. Cover the pan. Let the mix boil for 5-6 minutes or till the veggies become soft and cooked. Turn off the heat. Keep aside for cooling.
- Take the mix in a mixer grinder. Add cinnamon. Grind together, adding water to get a smooth puree. Transfer it to the deep pan. Add 2 1/2 glasses of water, red chili powder, pepper powder, sugar, and salt. Boil and stir the mix for a minute. Turn off the fire.
- Tomato and sweet pepper soup is ready to sip. Pour it equally into four bowls. Garnish with breadcrumbs and a pinch of kashmiri red chili powder. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information of Tomato and Sweet Pepper Soup
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 15 g||5%|
|Sugar 6 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 8 mg||3%|
|Sodium 340 mg||14%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|