Simple Spinach and Strawberry Salad Recipe
A Simple and Healthy Salad
This healthy and easy strawberry and spinach salad also contains sliced almonds and crumbled blue cheese, topped off with a simple balsamic vinaigrette dressing. This salad pairs nicely with chicken and also with quiche.
If you don't care for blue cheese, use crumbled gorgonzola or feta cheese instead—the salad will taste just as delicious.
For the salad:
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 8 large fresh strawberries (or 2 cups), sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/16 teaspoon (a pinch) paprika
- Set aside a large salad bowl.
- Rinse the baby spinach and add it to the salad bowl.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries and slice them horizontally.
- Add the strawberries to the salad bowl.
- Add the sliced almonds to the salad and gently combine the spinach, strawberries and amonds together.
- In a salad dressing shaker, shake the oil, vinegar, sugar and paprika together to create the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.
- Sprinkle the crumbled cheese over the dressing.
- Gently combine all ingredients well.
- Ready to serve!
Note: If I prepare this salad for guests, I will sometimes add the dressing and crumbled cheese onto each individual guest's salad plate rather than to the entire salad. Sometimes it looks a lot prettier this way!
How Balsamic Vinegar Is Made
© 2020 Madeleine Clays