I recently became interested in vegetarianism. I love writing about all of the delicious recipes I have been eating!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
1 Stuffed Bell Pepper per person
- 6 medium size Bell Peppers with flat bottoms, any color
- 4 medium size Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1/2 of 14 ounce bag frozen Gardein Meatless Crumbles
- 4 large Bella Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup Black Rice
- 2 TBS Wild Rice
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 pinch Smoked Paprika, to top each prepared pepper before baking
- 14 ounce can Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Pacific Organic Red Pepper and Tomato Soup, reserve 1/2 cup of soup to top prepared peppers before baking
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, Reserve 1/4 cup to top prepared peppers before baking
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs, to top peppers before baking
- 3 TBS Olive Oil
- Heat olive oil in large frying pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add 1/2 bag or 2 cups Gardein meatless crumbles to the frying pan. Stir frequently until browned.
- Add mushrooms, black pepper, and thyme and stir well. Cover frying pan and turn heat to medium low. Stir as needed to prevent mixture from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Prepare black rice and wild rice (combined) per package instructions until water has been absorbed.
- While rice is cooking, prepare bell peppers. Boil water in a large pot. Slice around the pepper top leaving about 1/2 inch intact. Twist top off, removing seeds and pulp. Rinse peppers and add to boiling water. Blanche for about 3 minutes. Drain peppers and place upside down on a paper towel.
- Add rice to stuffing mixture in the frying pan and stir well. Add can of petite diced tomatoes and Parmesan cheese, stirring until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Spray the bottom of a 2 quart baking dish with olive oil or non-stick spray. Add red pepper and tomato soup to coat bottom of the baking dish.
- Fill bell peppers to the top with stuffing mixture. Top peppers with red pepper and tomato soup, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and paprika.
- Bake peppers for 30 minutes.
Read More From Delishably
Spoon red pepper tomato soup from the baking dish onto a plate and place the stuffed pepper on top. Delicious!