How to Make Corn Fenugreek Leaf Fritters (Corn Methi Pakora)
Corn Fenugreek Leaf Fritters Are Mouth-Watering Snacks
These corn fenugreek leaf fritters are crunchy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. They have an appetizing aroma that comes from roasted fenugreek leaves and garlic. This mildly sweet snack is a perfect tea-time accompaniment. You can serve this with tomato ketchup. This is also a perfect after-school snack for children.
Fenugreek leaf has many health benefits. It helps to reduce cholesterol and diabetes. It is highly beneficial for treating liver problems. It also promotes milk flow in breastfeeding women.
Corn contains a lot of vitamin B 12, minerals, folate, and iron. It has powerful antioxidants and plenty of dietary fiber. It has many nutrients that are beneficial for the human body.
Making this corn methi pakora is easy. You have to combine a few ingredients with the coarsely ground corn and chopped fenugreek leaves. Make a thick batter. Deep-fry small portions of this batter in oil until crispy and golden brown. Your favorite corn fenugreek fritters are ready!
Let me share the detailed recipe now.
Corn Fenugreek Leaves Fritters (Corn Methi Pakora)
- 1 heaped cup corn kernels, I used fresh corn kernels
- 1/3 cup fenugreek leaves, washed, pat-dried, finely chopped
- 5-6 tsp gram flour/chickpea flour/besan
- 2 tsp rice flour
- 2 green chilies
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 2 pinches amchur powder (dry mango powder), available in Indian stores
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder, available in Indian stores
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 3 tsp onions, cut in thin strips
- oil for deep-frying
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Corn Fenugreek Leaf Fritters
- Put sweet corn kernels, garlic, and green chilies to a mixer jar. Grind together to get a coarse paste.
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl. Add gram flour (chickpea flour), rice flour, red chili powder, chopped fenugreek leaves, garam masala powder, chopped onions, and salt.
- Mix together to make a thick batter without adding water.
- Next, heat oil for deep-frying. Drop small portions of this batter into the hot oil. Keep the heat medium.
- Fry while occasionally turning until these fritters become crispy and golden brown. Next, remove, and place them on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat the same for making all the fritters.
- Serve these corn fenugreek fritters hot with tomato ketchup and a cup of tea or coffee.
- These pakoras are super crispy and delicious. Enjoy eating them!
Nutritional Information of Corn Fenugreek Leaf Pakora
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 14 g||5%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 42 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|