I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
Easiest of All Snacks!
This scrumptious sweet corn stir-fry with ginger, garlic, and tomatoes comes together in just 12 minutes. Sweet corn cooks very quickly; after three minutes, it's usually done. You don't want to cook the corn until it's mushy—you want to cook it just enough to be cooked but still have that magnificent crunch!
Here is the detailed recipe for this str-fry.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 heaped bowl corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, not so hot, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, finely chopped
- Separate the sweet corn kernels from the cob. Keep aside.
- Heat butter in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in finely chopped ginger, garlic, and green chilies to the pan. Saute until you get the roasted garlic aroma.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Continue sauteing for 2 minutes on medium-high fire or until tomatoes become soft yet retain some crunchiness.
- Add corn kernels. Stir-cook for 2-3 minutes over high fire. Sprinkle a few drops of water, if needed.
- Throw in salt, pepper powder, and soy sauce. Mix well. Turn off the stove after 30 seconds.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves. Serve and enjoy.