One of Susan's passions is cooking and creating new recipes for family and friends.
Most nights I like to serve a salad along with the main course. This salad recipe was actually inspired by a store-bought salad. I liked the one from the store, but as I was eating it I knew I could improve on it.
I went ahead and made a fairly large bowl of it—and it was gone in one sitting. There were four of us eating it, and we served it with roasted chicken and broccoli.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves four or more people.
For the salad:
- 14 ounces fusilli pasta, cooked
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/8 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/8 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup fresh greek oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- dash tabasco sauce
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a pot of rapidly boiling water, add pasta and cook for 8 to 9 minutes stirring occasionally. Once cooked to your liking, strain out the water, run cold water over the pasta still straining until cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk all of the salad dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, red onion, red pepper, green pepper, olives, and sun-dried tomato. Toss gently.
- To the salad, add the dressing (whisking before you add it) and toss gently. Add the feta, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please Rate Accordingly
© 2019 Susan Zutautas