One of Susan's passions is cooking and creating new recipes for family and friends.
Most nights I like to serve a salad along with the main course. This salad recipe was actually inspired by a store-bought salad. I liked the one from the store, but as I was eating it I knew I could improve on it.
I went ahead and made a fairly large bowl of it—and it was gone in one sitting. There were four of us eating it, and we served it with roasted chicken and broccoli.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves four or more people.
For the salad:
- 14 ounces fusilli pasta, cooked
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/8 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/8 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup fresh greek oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- dash tabasco sauce
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a pot of rapidly boiling water, add pasta and cook for 8 to 9 minutes stirring occasionally. Once cooked to your liking, strain out the water, run cold water over the pasta still straining until cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk all of the salad dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked pasta, red onion, red pepper, green pepper, olives, and sun-dried tomato. Toss gently.
- To the salad, add the dressing (whisking before you add it) and toss gently. Add the feta, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
Please Rate Accordingly
© 2019 Susan Zutautas