I love to create and share nutritious recipes with the world.
The Triple 'C' Salad
The main ingredients of this recipe are:
This is why I named it the Triple 'C' salad. Read on to learn how to make it yourself. Impress yourself and your guests with this healthy delicacy.
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- Plain yoghurt, as needed for dressing
- Use freshly grated large carrots.
- Do not cook the carrots.
- Wash them and use it raw.
- Use freshly cooked chickpeas.
- To make freshly cooked chickpeas, soak the raw chickpeas in hot water. After 4-8 hours, transfer them along with the water to a rice cooker (or) a stovetop pot. Let it cook in medium to high flame. Use a fork to check if they are cooked. It is cooked if when you insert the fork, it pokes in smoothly through the chickpea and feels very soft to touch.
- Preferably, use freshly grated shredded coconut.
- In some countries, it is difficult to get fresh coconut. In such cases, use store-bought prepackaged shredded coconut as an alternative. Make sure to pick the unsweetened kind of shredded coconut for this dish.
- Freshly squeeze the juice out of a lemon.
- Do not add any water (or) other additives
- Use fresh whole peppercorns.
- Use a peppercorn grinder to powder them fresh.
- Use plain, unflavored yoghurt. Fresh, homemade yoghurt will make this recipe more natural and healthy. Here is a link to an easy no-fail homemade yoghurt recipe.
- In a large bowl, add the grated carrots, cooked chickpeas, grated coconut, lemon juice, and ground black pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients together using a spatula. Check for taste. If you prefer to add more of any of the ingredients to suit your taste, feel free to do so.
- Serve the salad with yoghurt as a natural dressing. As with any other dressing, you can use as much of the dressing as you want to make the meal enjoyable to you. The good thing about yoghurt is that it is a natural dressing with no preservatives.