Vegetable, Chickpea, and Potato Curry
This is my favorite vegetable curry because it is easy to make and uses up leftover vegetables.
Tasty and fulfilling Vegetarian Curry
- 1 can chickpeas, ready cooked
- four - six boiled potatoes, boiled
- 6 small tomatoes, canned tomato
- 1/2 tomato puree, from the tube
- mixed spices
- stick Celery, fresh
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 inch of Fresh Ginger
Use the Spices That You Like
All these ingredients are made from powders
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ green cardamom
- ¼ tsp powdered cloves
Cooked Mixed Spices
- Pre par boil 4-6 potatoes, don’t cook them until soft or they will go mushy in the final cook. Chop, onions, garlic, celery, ginger. Add any amount of vegetables that need using up from previous meals.
- Mix your spices making sure that they are fresh and still full of flavour.
- Heat a frying pan and add a tablespoon of ghee or oil whichever you prefer.
- Add onions and celery and a pinch of salt and fry until soft. Don’t cook them brown or it will spoil the flavour.
- Add the tomatoes, and stir well. Cook for five minutes. Put them aside in a warm saucepan.
- Add your spice mix to the warm frying pan and put back onto a gentle heat, until they start toasting. You’ll be able to smell them.
- Add your chickpeas and stir so that they are coated in the spice mix. Add back the onion mix and the garlic and ginger. Keep stirring, add ½ pint of water with some vegetable stock.
- Add a lid and cook gently for 30 minutes.
This dish is perfect with boiled rice or chapattis.