Indian-Style Vegetable Pasta
Children love pasta. Alright, maybe that's an overstatement, but it is the favorite food of a lot of youngsters. Children probably like it because of the dish's smooth, creamy texture. For parents, it is an easy recipe to make. Parents who serve this dish can brim with satisfaction knowing that their children are getting plenty of veggies.
- 2 cups pasta, penne
- 1 cup vegetables, carrot, capsicum, tomato, spring onion/onion-chopped in small cubes
- 1 1/4 tbsp olive oil or any other cooking oil(groundnut oil)
- 2 inch block cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt, as per taste
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Vegetable Pasta-Indian Stye
- Boil at least 4-5 glasses of water in a pot. Add penne pasta, a teaspoon of cooking oil, and some salt. Cook till the pasta is 90% done. Read the instructions on the packet so you know just how long to cook the pasta. Normally, penne pasta takes 12-13 minutes to cook. Drain the water completely. Run cold water over the pasta. Rinse, drain the water once again. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw chopped onion. Saute till it turns the golden color. Add ginger-garlic paste. Continue sautéing for a minute or till the raw aroma disappears.
- Except tomato, throw chopped vegetables into the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes on low fire. Add tomato. Mix well. Keep covered the pan for 5 minutes. The content cooks properly due to the steam inside.
- Open the lid, add garam masala, red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt. Stir for 2 minutes or till the raw smell goes away.
- Add cooked pasta. Toss the contents so that the spices evenly coat on them. Pour tomato ketchup onto the dish. Mix thoroughly.
- Add chopped coriander leaves. Give a toss. Spread grated cheese evenly on the top. Gently stir. Take off the fire.
- Delicious Indian-style pasta is ready to serve. Serve just like that! Enjoy the yummy taste!
Nutritional Information Of Vegetable Pasta-Indian style
|Serving size: 159 g|
|Calories from Fat||63|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 7 g||11%|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 11 g||22%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|