Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home.
Children love pasta. Alright, maybe that's an overstatement, but it is the favorite food of a lot of youngsters. Children probably like it because of the dish's smooth, creamy texture. Parents like pasta because it's cheap, quick, and easy to make. Parents who serve this dish can rest easy knowing that their children are getting plenty of veggies in every bite.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1 cup vegetables, (carrot, capsicum, tomato, spring onion/onion) chopped in small cubes
- 1 1/4 tbsp olive oil or any other cooking oil (groundnut oil)
- 2 inch block cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- Boil at least 4–5 glasses of water in a pot. Add penne pasta, a teaspoon of cooking oil, and some salt. Cook until the pasta is 90% done. Read the instructions on the packet so you know just how long to cook the pasta. Normally, penne pasta takes 12–13 minutes to cook. Drain the water completely. Run cold water over the pasta. Rinse, then drain the water once again. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw chopped onion. Sauté until it becomes golden in color. Add ginger-garlic paste. Continue sautéing for a minute or until the raw aroma disappears.
- Throw all chopped vegetables except the tomato into the pan. Cook for 3–4 minutes on low fire. Add tomato. Mix well. Keep the pan covered for 5 minutes. This will help the contents cook properly due to the steam inside.
- Open the lid and add the garam masala, red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt. Stir for 2 minutes or until the raw smell goes away.
- Add the cooked pasta. Toss the contents so that they become evenly coated in the spices. Pour tomato ketchup onto the dish. Mix thoroughly.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and toss. Spread grated cheese evenly on the top. Gently stir. Take off the fire.
- Your delicious, Indian-style pasta is ready to serve. Enjoy!