Vitamin-C-Rich Lemon and Coriander Soup Recipe
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
Ready in: 25 min
Yields: Serves four people
Ingredients for Making Lemon Coriander Soup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, I used fresh lemon juice
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Lemon and Coriander Soup
- Mix corn flour with half cup water. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Throw chopped green chilies and garlic into the pan. Saute till garlic becomes golden brown.
- Add chopped onion. Saute till transparent. Add chopped cabbage and chopped carrot. Stir-cook for 2-3 minutes over low fire.
- Pour 4 cups of water and salt. Also pour corn flour-water mix. Boil the mix for 3 minutes. Turn off the fire.
- Add lemon juice and finely chopped coriander leaves. Mix once.
- Lemon and coriander soup is ready to serve. Pour the hot soup equally into four bowls. Enjoy drinking this refreshing tangy soup!
Click thumbnail to view full-size
Step one: Keep the ingredients handy.
Step two: Saute cumin seeds till they crackle. Add chopped garlic and green chilies. Saute for a minute.
Step three: Add chopped onion. Continue sauteing till onion turns transparent.
Step four: Throw chopped cabbage and carrot into the pan. Stir-cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
Step five: Pour 4 cups of water and add salt. Also add corn flour mix.
Step six: Boil the mix for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the fire.
Step seven: Add lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves. Mix once.
Step eight: Lemon and coriander soup is ready to serve!
Nutritional Information of Lemon and Coriander Soup
|Serving size: 1 |
|Calories ||80 |
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 8 g||3%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 105 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|