Wild Mushrooms With Homemade Fried Garlic Bits in Oyster Sauce
Wild mushrooms may vary—some are edible while some are poisonous. Make sure to thoroughly clean the mushrooms before cooking it to avoid gastrointestinal discomfort.
While having a vacation, I grabbed the opportunity to be more adventurous when it comes to food. I joined a group to harvest mushrooms on the side of a mountain. As a result, I was able to create an easy to follow exotic food recipe. Let me teach you how to cook wild mushrooms with homemade fried garlic bits in oyster sauce. It can be ready within 20 minutes.
- 1 cup wild mushrooms, cooked
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic bits, fried
- black pepper, to taste
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 2 Small Bowls
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
For Cooking the Dish:
- Cooking Spoon
- Bring water to boil. Cook wild mushrooms until tender.
- Stir-fry mushroom with oyster sauce and black pepper over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Toss homemade fried garlic bits. Immediately turn off the heat.
- Serve as a main dish or side dish. It perfectly matches with rice.
Tips and Techniques
- Add garlic bits at the last stage of cooking to maintain its crunchiness.
- Sprinkle fried garlic bits on top before serving to add more crunch.
- Cook freshly picked mushroom in one time and keep it in the freezer for future use.
- Portion cook mushrooms before keeping it to make it ready for use.
Wild MushroomsClick thumbnail to view full-size
How to Clean Freshly Picked Wild Mushrooms?
- Scrape off some outer parts of the stems.
- Soak mushroom in a slightly salted water to remove impurities.
- Change water as often as needed.
- Rinse it with cool water to totally remove any dirt.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Travel Chef