I recently became interested in vegetarianism. I love writing about all of the delicious recipes I have been eating!
I was recently introduced to another delicious vegetarian dish! Yellow squash casserole can be served as a main meal or a delicious side dish. It combines yellow squash with onions, Parmesan cheese, bread cubes, half and half, and spices. It is easy to make and won't disappoint!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
serves 2 to 4 people
- 3 cups yellow squash, diced in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups herb seasoned bread cubes
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbs Parmesan cheese, reserve 2 Tbs of Parmesan cheese for the top of casserole
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp savory
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 1.5 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine squash, onion and, bread cubes in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add white pepper, savory, and Parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- Pour contents of the bowl into prepared casserole dish. Add half and half. Bread cubes should be submerged in liquid.
- Top with reserved Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Sandi (author) from Greenfield, Wisconsin on January 17, 2018:
Thanks, Larry! It is good. I never thought I would like vegetarian meals (even though I love veggies I usually liked meat as the main dish) but there are some very good meatless dishes available.
Larry Rankin from Oklahoma on January 17, 2018:
I'll have to give it a try.