Yellow Squash Casserole
I was recently introduced to another delicious vegetarian dish! Yellow squash casserole can be served as a main meal or a delicious side dish. It combines yellow squash with onions, Parmesan cheese, bread cubes, half and half, and spices. It is easy to make and won't disappoint!
- 3 cups yellow squash, diced in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups herb seasoned bread cubes
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbs Parmesan cheese, reserve 2 Tbs of Parmesan cheese for the top of casserole
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp savory
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 1.5 quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine squash, onion and bread cubes in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add white pepper, savory and Parmesan cheese, stir well.
- Pour contents of the bowl into prepared casserole dish. Add half and half. Bread cubes should be submerged in liquid.
- Top with reserved parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Baked covered for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.