Fried Zucchini With Garlic and Cheese Recipe
A Delicious Side Dish
Wondering what to do with all that zucchini? The following recipe is garlicky, cheesy, and full of mouthwatering flavor.
I made this dish last night, and my family was disappointed when they learned that it was all gone.
- 4 to 5 zucchinis, sliced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4-6 large cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons fresh Greek oregano, chopped
- 4 to 5 green onions, chopped
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 3/4 cup aged cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over high heat.
- Add the zucchini to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, turning the zucchini frequently.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook and stir.
- Once the zucchini is cooked to a golden brown, turn the heat down to medium-high and add the Greek oregano, green onions, pepper, and sea salt.
- Top with the cheese until it is melted.
- Serve and ENJOY!
We are huge garlic fans, and to us, more is always better. You can adjust the amount of garlic depending on your taste.
If this recipe looks like something you may like, please rate it accordingly!
Nutritional Notes About Zucchini
vitamins: B6, C, K
minerals: potassium and manganese
Low in fat
High in fiber
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Susan Zutautas