Alyssa loves sharing her family's favorite recipes with the world. She is a wife and a mom who enjoys drinking large amounts of coffee.
For many people, the onset of cold weather sparks cravings for comfort food. Busy schedules don't slow down during the winter season though; and sometimes, the last thing anyone wants to do at the end of a long day is spend hours over a hot stove, preparing a multi-course dinner. I love a good crock-pot meal on cold evenings, but when away from home, leaving a crock-pot unattended all day can be a little unnerving.
Chicken gravy over mashed potatoes is a great option for those busy winter evenings, when you want a hearty meal without spending hours preparing it. It's simple and easy to make, with ingredients you probably already have in the pantry. In as little as 45 minutes, you can gather the family around the dining room table, and enjoy a delicious, filling meal.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 3-5 people.
- 1/2 bag Idaho potatoes
- 1 large can cream of chicken soup
- 2 large cans chicken breast
- milk, to taste
- butter, to taste
- bread or biscuits, to serve
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Cut potatoes and place in saucepan. Fill pan with water to cover potatoes and boil over medium heat until potatoes are soft.
- Open cream of chicken can and place in a saucepan.
- Open and drain cans of chicken.
- Add chicken to cream of chicken soup. Cook over medium heat until boiling, stirring well.
- Once potatoes are soft, remove from heat. Drain.
- Mash potatoes. Add milk and butter to desired taste and consistency.
- Pour chicken gravy over bowls of mashed potatoes.
- Serve with toast or homemade biscuits.
Enjoy! This dish pairs well with a hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk.
A Delicious Variation
Serve chicken gravy over toast and enjoy the mashed potatoes on the side. You could also whip up a quick batch of homemade biscuits using Bisquick baking mix.
Time Saving Tip
Wash potatoes well, cut up, and boil. Leaving the skin on saves time, energy, and is healthy. A perfect excuse for those of us who don't look forward to the peeling process.
© 2017 Alyssa