Tasty Homemade Potato Cakes Recipe
I love homemade mashed potatoes. It's one of my favorite dishes during the autumn and winter seasons. The problem is that I normally make way too many, leaving me with a butter-bowl-sized amount of leftovers that hang out in the refrigerator. Mashed potatoes are delicious heated up on the second day, but potato cakes are even better! My husband and I both grew up eating these on weekend mornings, and we still love them today. They are easy to make, and everyone will love them!
Here's what you'll need.
- Mashed potatoes
- Coat a frying pan with oil and put over medium heat.
- Put left over mashed potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. Mix well.
- Sprinkle a household teaspoon of flour over your potatoes. Mix it in well. You will want your potatoes to have an elastic texture.
- Place a few tablespoons of flour into a separate bowl.
- Take a small amount of the potato mixture and form it into a patty with your hands.
- Place the patty into the bowl of flour. Lightly coat both sides of the patty. This is an important step to ensure that your potato cakes do not stick to your frying pan.
8. Place the patty into the frying pan. Fry for 5 minutes or until brown. Then flip and repeat on the opposite side
9. Continue until all of your mashed potatoes are gone.
Serve with your choice of condiments. I love adding jalapeño peppers to mine. My husband loves his with ketchup. They would also be delicious with onion, green peppers, and mustard. Whatever you like!
© 2017 Alyssa