Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Mint yoghurt dip and garlic and chilli yoghurt dip are two healthy dips that are very easy to make, very tasty and can also be used as spreads or dressings.
The first step for both dips is to prepare hung curd with yoghurt. Alternatively, you can use unflavoured plain Greek yoghurt.
Do try these recipes and give your feedback.
|Prep time||Ready in||Yields|
3 hours 15 min
3 hours 15 min
Read More From Delishably
For the yoghurt base for both dips:
- 300 grams dahi (yoghurt) or 150 grams hung curd
For the mint dip:
- 2 tbsp pudina (mint leaves)
- 1 tbsp hara dhania (cilantro leaves)
- 1/4 tsp oregano dried, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp sendha namak (rock salt), or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp= fresh cream, or as neeed
For the garlic chilli dip:
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves
- 1 or more fresh red chilli
- 1/4 tsp sendha namak (rock salt), or as needed
- 1 tsp fresh cream, or as needed
- If you are using dahi (yoghurt), then you must first prepare the hung curd. Spread a cloth over a strainer kept on a pot and pour the yoghurt in it. Collect the ends of the cloth and squeeze out as much water as you can then twist and fold and keep it on the top. Keep the yoghurt along with the pot in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to let the remaining water drip out.
- Divide the hung curd into two equal portions.
- Take one portion of the hung curd in a bowl and whisk it by hand until smooth and creamy.
- To make the mint dip, put the mint and cilantro in a mortar and pound with a pestle until they are finely crushed. Put it in the hung curd. Add in the oregano, rock salt and black pepper powder. Whisk the ingredients until well combined.
- Add the fresh cream and whisk again to mix well. Check the salt for taste and add if necessary. Now the mint dip is ready. Set aside.
- To make the garlic chilli dip, whisk the other portion of the hung curd until smooth.
- Add the garlic cloves and fresh red chilli in the mortar and with a pestle pound until you have a fine paste.
- Add the rock salt and fresh cream and whisk until smooth and creamy. Garlic chilli dip is ready.
2 Healthy Spreads: Mint Curd Dip and Garlic Chilli Curd Dip
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly