Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He likes to share his favourite recipes with his online readers.
A Warming Winter Dish
Doodh ki chhit is a traditional Punjabi winter season dish. It is a curry that is made with ginger, garlic, and milk. It does not contain any besan (gram) flour.
This curry is quick and easy to make, as well as being healthy. It has medicinal properties, and many people consume it to help combat colds, coughs, gas, bloating, and indigestion.
Serve this warming curry with rice or as a simple side dish at meals. Do try it and share your experience.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 to 2 servings
- 1 tsp desi ghee (clarified butter)
- 350 ml milk
- Handful chopped hara dhania (cilantro)
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh turmeric root (or 1/4 tsp turmeric powder)
- Set a kadhai (wok) on medium heat. Add desi ghee and let it melt.
- Add the garlic and ginger pastes. Stir and add haldi and salt. Saute for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add the milk. Raise heat to high until the milk comes to a boil.
- Now reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring at regular intervals.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with rice or use as a side dish at meals.
Adrak Lasan Wale Doodh Ki Chhit (Ginger Garlic Milk Curry)
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly