Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He likes to share his favourite recipes with his online readers.
A Warming Winter Dish
Doodh ki chhit is a traditional Punjabi winter season dish. It is a curry that is made with ginger, garlic, and milk. It does not contain any besan (gram) flour.
This curry is quick and easy to make, as well as being healthy. It has medicinal properties, and many people consume it to help combat colds, coughs, gas, bloating, and indigestion.
Serve this warming curry with rice or as a simple side dish at meals. Do try it and share your experience.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 to 2 servings
- 1 tsp desi ghee (clarified butter)
- 350 ml milk
- Handful chopped hara dhania (cilantro)
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh turmeric root (or 1/4 tsp turmeric powder)
- Set a kadhai (wok) on medium heat. Add desi ghee and let it melt.
- Add the garlic and ginger pastes. Stir and add haldi and salt. Saute for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add the milk. Raise heat to high until the milk comes to a boil.
- Now reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes, stirring at regular intervals.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with rice or use as a side dish at meals.
Adrak Lasan Wale Doodh Ki Chhit (Ginger Garlic Milk Curry)
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly
FlourishAnyway from USA on January 07, 2021:
This is a timely dish and seems very flavorful.
Audrey Hunt from Idyllwild Ca. on January 06, 2021:
I'll bet this would be good over rice. All your recipes have motivated me to become a better cook. I love that they are healthy. Thank you for sharing your gift of cooking through the years.
Blessings for a New Year to you and yours!
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on January 06, 2021:
Your recipe concoction does sound like a healthful one! Thanks!
Bill Holland from Olympia, WA on January 06, 2021:
Curry to my wife! She will appreciate this. I hope you are having a great week, my friend.