Rozlin loves to cook healthy food for her loving family, and she enjoys sharing her recipes with her readers.
Lip-Smacking Afghani Chicken Fry
Afghani chicken fry is a fried chicken recipe that can be served as an appetizer or starter. It is prepared by marinating chicken with yoghurt, cream and spices. To give it a tandoori flavour, the marinating chicken is smoked with the help of a piece of coal.
This recipe is beloved by kids and adults alike. In order to prepare it, the chicken is marinated for a minimum of one hour (or overnight). After the marination, it can be ready to serve in just 30 minutes. Serve it with green chutney for a delicious accompaniment.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 800 grams chicken with bones
- 8 tablespoons yoghurt, whisked
- 8 tablespoons cream
- 3 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons green chilli paste
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chaat masala
- several strands saffron
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 piece coal
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces. Make deep slits in them for the marinade to soak in.
- Dry-roast the dried fenugreek leaves in a pan for 30 seconds. Let the leaves cool. Then crush them into a powder with your hand.
- In a mixing bowl, add the yoghurt and whisk it well.
- Add in the cream, ginger-garlic paste, green chilli paste, dried fenugreek leaves powder, garam masala powder, black pepper powder, chaat masala, salt, saffron (soaked in warm water) and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add in the chicken pieces and mix well.
- Place a small bowl in the marinade. The heated coal will sit in the small bowl.
- Heat a piece of coal over a gas flame until red hot.
- Hold the hot coal with a pair of tongs and place it in the small bowl.
- Add a few drops of oil on top of the coal. It will start to smoke. Immediately cover the mixing bowl with the lid, to let the smoke remain inside.
- Set it aside for 1 hour or more.
- Remove the coal and mix the marinade once again before frying.
- Heat a frying pan with some oil.
- Add in the marinated chicken pieces, keeping the flame at medium.
- Flip the chicken pieces after 5-7 minutes.
- Fry until the marinade is absorbed by the chicken pieces and they are roasted well. Continue to fry until brown and crisp.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
Read More From Delishably
Everest Chaat Masala
© 2022 Rozlin