Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home.
Try This Mouthwatering After-School Snack!
Making a delicious and healthy snack for children is not an easy task. Every day, parents ponder what to serve in the evening when our children come home from school. Corn capsicum cutlets are a delectable snack that every child will love to eat. Make this quick and easy snack and watch your kids devour them!
Corn is a rich source of calories. It has abundant vitamin B complex and vitamin A. The other vegetable used in the dish, capsicum, is also a good source of vitamin A, vitamin E, folate, and dietary fiber. Including these vegetables in the diet helps ensure proper nutrition for children.
Let me share the recipe with you.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 3 or 4 children
- 1 1/2 cups sweet corn kernels, crushed
- 1/2 cup capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 cup potato, boiled, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala powder (available in Indian stores)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (available in Indian stores)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon oil, for making each cutlet
- Crush the sweet corn in a mixer or blender. There's no need to add water. In a mixing bowl, add the crushed corn and chopped capsicum. Blending the capsicum is not necessary if the pieces are finely chopped.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the oil. Gently mix the ingredients.
- Heat a flat pan. Add some oil for shallow-frying. Take some of the mixture in your fingers and shape it like a patty. Make 4 to 6 patties at a time. Place them on the greased hot pan, one near the other.
- Sprinkle some oil on top of the patties. You can cover the pan for a while to speed up the cooking process.
- Keep the heat on medium-low. Once the bottom parts of the patties become crunchy and golden brown, flip them. Add a few drops of oil on the top side, too.
- Shallow-fry both sides until they are crispy and golden brown. Remove the patties and place them on a serving plate. Repeat the process to make all the cutlets.
- Once you prepare the dough, start making the cutlets right away. Otherwise, the dough may start releasing water. You can add some rice flour to keep the dough dry. However, adding more rice flour may damage the texture.
- Serve the corn capsicum cutlets on a serving plate with tomato sauce. Children and elders alike love to munch on them!