Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Aloo gajar matar ki sabzi.is a popular North-Indian curry prepared with potatoes, carrots and green peas. It is easy to prepare and is usually served as a side dish at lunch or dinner.
Try this healthy dish and share your feedback.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 to 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled, chopped, and kept in water to prevent darkening
- 250 grams green peas
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3 teaspoons chopped hara dhania (cilantro)
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the chopped onions and saute until translucent and light pink.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes. Saute until light brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, spices, and salt. Stir-cook until the tomatoes are soft and the oil starts to separate out of the masala.
- Add the carrots, green peas, and potatoes. Stir well, reduce heat to low, and cover with a lid. Cook the veggies until they are soft.
- Check on the veggies every 4 to 5 minutes until done. After about 10 minutes, add about 2 teaspoons of cilantro. If the masala is getting dry at any time, add just a wee bit of water to help prevent it from getting scorched and carry on cooking as before.
- Transfer the dish to a serving bowl when done and garnish with the remaining cilantro before serving.
Aloo Gajar Matar ki Sabzi (Potato Curry With Carrots and Peas)
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly