Aloo Methi Punjabi Recipe (Fenugreek Potato Curry)
What Is Aloo Methi Sabzi?
Aloo methi sabzi is a vegetable curry dish that is made with potatoes and fresh fenugreek leaves. The best part about this dish is that it requires only a few basic ingredients, and it is extremely easy to make. This particular recipe comes from the Punjabi region of India.
- 2-3 tbsp sarson ka tel (mustard oil)
- 500 grams fresh methi (fenugreek leaves), washed and chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp amchur (mango powder)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
- Heat mustard oil in a kadahi (wok). Reduce heat to low. Add jeera and the chopped methi.
- Stir a few times. Add all spices and salt except amchur. Mix well and add the potatoes.
- Cook on low heat, stirring every 4-5 minutes, until the potatoes soften and are cooked.
- Add the amchur. Amchur will help remove the bitterness of methi.
- Roast the methi to your liking; then transfer to a serving bowl. Serve as a side dish or with roti or paratha.
Aloo Methi Recipe Punjabi (Fenugreek Potato Curry)
Questions & Answers
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly