Rajan writes to share his knowledge of health, yoga, pranayama, alternative therapies, natural remedies, food recipes, and more.
What Is Ande Ki Bhurji?
Scrambled eggs, or ande ki bhurji, as we call it in India, is a popular vegetarian dish for breakfast, brunch, or a quick meal. Prepared with onions, tomatoes, and fragrant spices, it is eaten with roti, paratha, or bread.
This dish can also be cooked without any vegetables using just basic spices and salt. Either way, it is a delicious and healthy meal that can be prepared in minutes. This particular recipe comes from the northern region of India.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 2 people
- 2 eggs
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons desi ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons hara dhania (cilantro), finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (or less) salt
- Set a kadhai (wok) on high heat. Add the desi ghee and let it melt. Break the eggs and whisk them until fluffy. Set aside.
- Add the chopped onion and saute for 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in the ginger paste and chopped green chilli. Saute until the onion turns pink.
- Add the tomatoes and stir a few times. Now add the coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, and salt. Saute until the tomatoes become soft.
- Now add the whisked eggs and cilantro. Keep the heat around medium and stir the mixture until the eggs are cooked and done.
- Garnish with some cilantro and serve with roti, paratha, or bread.
© 2019 Rajan Singh Jolly