I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
Appetizer or Side Dish!
I incorporate baby corn in many of my recipes because I like its flavor and crunchiness. For this reason, I always have a stock of it in my refrigerator. Yesterday, I was not in the mood to cook anything time-consuming for lunch, so I chose to make this baby corn capsicum pepper stir-fry.
Quick and easy, this South-Indian-style recipe doesn't need any blending or grinding! Just add a few dry spices, and you'll achieve a tantalizing aroma and flavor.
Read More From Delishably
Now, let me share the detailed recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup baby corn, slit
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capsicum, chopped in thin strips
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons spring onion greens, finely chopped, I didn't use because I was not having it.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon curd
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons oil, for the seasoning
- a few curry leaves, for the seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder, for the seasoning
- Parboil the baby corn adding some salt. Strain it and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a nonstick pan. Throw in green chilies, onions, and spring onion greens. Fry the mixture until onion turns pinkish.
- Add baby corn and capsicum to the pan. Also, add ginger-garlic paste. Saute until you get a nice aroma.
- Add curd and gram flour. Saute until the raw smell of the flour goes off and the contents blend nicely.
- Finally, add crushed peppercorns, soy sauce, and salt. Combine well and saute the mixture until baby corn cooks well. Turn off the heat. Collect it in a bowl.
- Now, make the seasoning. Heat oil in the same pan. Drop curry leaves, some spring onion greens, and some crushed pepper. Fry the mixture until the curry leaves are fried. Turn off the heat.
- Drop the baby corn into the same pan and toss well. Turn off the heat.
- Serve as an appetizer or side dish. Enjoy!