Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
A Quick and Easy Bakery-Style Snack!
Masala bread toast is a spicy, colorful, and crunchy snack that you can serve as an evening snack or light dinner. Featuring plenty of chopped vegetables and spices, this toast makes a delightful snack with a nice mouthfeel.
You can prepare this toast in the oven or on the stovetop, but I think the oven produces a better texture. Making this snack is fairly quick; it took me just 30 minutes to prepare.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 8 slices bread
- 1 cup onions, chopped lengthwise in thin strips
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin and pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, add chopped onions, capsicum, tomatoes, coriander leaves, and grated carrots.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, chat masala, cumin-pepper powder, salt, and oil. Gently mix. This mixture is the topping (stuffing) for the masala bread toast.
- Arrange the bread slices on a plate. Thickly spread the stuffing on each bread slice.
- Keep the bread slices one near the other on a grill stand. Place the grill stand inside the oven. If you are using a small stand, you can toast four slices at a time.
- Press the grill button. Next, adjust the timer. Grill for 9 or 10 minutes. When the oven turns off, take the grill stand out.
- The perfect bakery-style masala bread toast is ready! Serve it hot and enjoy the taste. This makes a satisfying evening snack or a light dinner.