Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Delicious Indian Sweet
Besan, or chickpea flour, is prepared from Bengal gram, or brown chickpeas. Badam are almonds. Besan badam, then, are sweet rolls that are made with chickpea flour and almonds.
This mithai (Indian sweet) is very easy to prepare and tastes heavenly. Do try it and share your experience.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
- 1 cup besan (brown chickpea flour)
- 1/2 cup desi ghee (clarified butter)
- 6-7 almonds, finely chopped
- 6-7 cashews, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 3/4 cup tagar or boora cheeni (powdered sugar)
- finely ground almonds, for coating the besan rolls
- Place a nonstick pan over low-medium heat. Add in the desi ghee and besan. Reduce the heat to low and stir the ingredients until the besan absorbs all of the desi ghee. Stir constantly so that no lumps are formed.
- Keep stirring the mixture until the besan is well roasted (this will be indicated by a change of colour and the release of aroma; approximately 20-25 minutes). When the besan is well roasted it will also be more liquid and take on more of a paste-like consistency.
- Add the cardamom powder, ground almonds and ground cashews. Stir until everything is well mixed.
- Remove from heat, transfer the mixture to a large bowl and let it cool down until it has cooled down by about 85-90%.
- Add about half of the boora cheeni to the cooled mixture and mix until well incorporated. Add the remaining half of the boora cheeni and mix again until it is well mixed. Knead by hand to ensure a nice dough-like mixture is formed.
- Place the dough mixture in the fridge for about 10 minutes to let it firm up a bit.
- Remove the dough mixture from the fridge and knead it few times until it is smooth. Take a little dough and shape it into a small cylindrical roll. Now roll this in some finely ground almonds to coat all over. Set aside. Prepare all of the besan rolls similarly.
- Let the besan rolls sit for 2 to 3 hours to let them firm up and get ready for serving.
Besan Badam (Chickpea Flour and Almond Sweet Rolls)
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly