Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Bhapa doi is a traditional Bengali dessert made with steamed yoghurt and condensed milk. The first step is to hang the yoghurt to make Greek-style yoghurt, and then the dish is prepared.
You can steam the yoghurt in a steamer on the stovetop, or you can bake it in the oven. You can even cook it in the microwave.
There is another form of sweet yoghurt called misti doi, in which milk is heated to thicken it.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 500 grams dahi (yoghurt)
- 250 grams condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon elaichi (cardamom powder)
- Hang the yoghurt in a muslin cloth for 30 minutes to remove the whey and make hung curd.
- In a mixing bowl, add the hung curd and whisk until smooth. Add the condensed milk and cardamom powder and whisk until smooth. Check for sweetness and add more condensed milk if necessary.
- Transfer the mixture into bowls, cover with aluminium foil and steam in a steamer for about 20 minutes. (Oven instructions: Bake at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes by placing the bowl in a tray half-filled with water.)
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
Bhapa Doi Recipe (Bengali Sweet Yogurt Dessert)
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly