Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He likes to share his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Healthy and Delicious Juice
Juice made from lauki (bottle gourd) and tomato is a great body detox and cooling beverage for the summer season. It's also very tasty.
If you do not have any health issues and are not on any medication you can enjoy this juice every day on empty stomach in the morning.
Try it and share your feedback.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 300 grams lauki (bottle gourd)
- 100 grams (1 large) tomato
- 1 lemon or lime
Bitter bottle gourd is poisonous. Always taste bottle gourd before you use it. If it's bitter, discard it.
- Peel the lauki and then taste to make sure it is not bitter. (Bitterness indicates that it is poisonous. If it's bitter, discard and choose another lauki.)
- Chop the peeled lauki into small pieces. Chop the tomato into small pieces, as well.
- Add the chopped lauki and tomato to a blender and squeeze the lemon juice into it. Close the lid and blend until finely ground. If needed, add another small tomato to help in grinding but do not add water.
- Strain out the healthy and delicious juice. Serve immediately.
Bottle Gourd and Tomato Juice Recipe for Summer
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Rajan Singh Jolly