Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
This simple, healthy garlic stir-fry is very popular in Indian-Chinese restaurants. Quick and easy to prepare, it requires just a few basic ingredients.
Try it and share your experience.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 to 4 servings
- 2 tsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300 grams broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- water, as needed
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar, or to taste
- Keep a pan on high heat. Add the butter and oil. Let them heat up a little, then reduce the heat to low and add the chopped garlic. Saute until it just changes colour.
- Raise the heat to high and add the sliced onions. Saute until they turn pink.
- Add the sliced bell pepper and saute until it turns a bit soft but still retains its crunch.
- Add the broccoli florets and stir well. Add a small amount of water to help cook them quickly. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, mix well and cook until the broccoli florets start to become tender. Reduce the heat a little and saute them for about 1 minute to soften them a bit.
- Add the soya sauce, black pepper powder and red chilli flakes. Mix well.
- Add the vinegar, mix well and remove from heat.
- Transfer the broccoli garlic stir-fry to a serving dish and serve.
Broccoli Garlic Stir-Fry Recipe
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly