Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He likes to share his favourite recipes with his online readers.
This simple, healthy garlic stir-fry is very popular in Indian-Chinese restaurants. Quick and easy to prepare, it requires just a few basic ingredients.
Try it and share your experience.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 to 4 servings
- 2 tsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 300 grams broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, sliced
- water, as needed
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 2 tsp dark soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar, or to taste
- Keep a pan on high heat. Add the butter and oil. Let them heat up a little, then reduce the heat to low and add the chopped garlic. Saute until it just changes colour.
- Raise the heat to high and add the sliced onions. Saute until they turn pink.
- Add the sliced bell pepper and saute until it turns a bit soft but still retains its crunch.
- Add the broccoli florets and stir well. Add a small amount of water to help cook them quickly. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, mix well and cook until the broccoli florets start to become tender. Reduce the heat a little and saute them for about 1 minute to soften them a bit.
- Add the soya sauce, black pepper powder and red chilli flakes. Mix well.
- Add the vinegar, mix well and remove from heat.
- Transfer the broccoli garlic stir-fry to a serving dish and serve.
Broccoli Garlic Stir-Fry Recipe
© 2020 Rajan Singh Jolly
FlourishAnyway from USA on December 08, 2020:
This is very useful. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
DreamerMeg from Northern Ireland on December 07, 2020:
That sounds delicious and very easy to prepare with ingredients I already have in the house or can easily obtain.
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on December 07, 2020:
Your broccoli garlic stir fry recipe sounds delicious. I enjoy stir fry veggies that still retain a bit of crunch when eating them.
Pamela Oglesby from Sunny Florida on December 07, 2020:
I am quite sure I would love this dish as I am a fan of broccoli. Thanks for sharing another great recipe, Rajan.
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on December 07, 2020:
We grow Broccoli the winter and is one of my best vegetables. Your idea of this recipe looks tasty.
Bill Holland from Olympia, WA on December 07, 2020:
I would eat this; Bev would love it. Thank you, sir! Have a brilliant week, my friend.