How to Make Cheese Mung Bean Toast
A Snack Rich With Fiber, Calcium, and Protein
Whenever you want to have an easy and nutritious breakfast, consider making cheese mung bean toast. It takes about 30 minutes to make enough for four people. Soaking mung beans (moong with skin) is a prerequisite for this toast.
Cheese is a rich source of calcium, protein, vitamins, and minerals. It makes your bones strong. Mung beans are high in fiber, protein, B vitamins, and minerals. They are tasty when cooked.
This toast is smooth inside and crunchy outside. It has rich, herbal flavors, and the smooth texture of the cheese enhances the overall taste. This is a filling and nutritious snack.
- 1 heaped cup mung beans or moong dal with skin, washed, soaked in fresh water for 6 hours or overnight
- 1/4 inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp oil or ghee, for making each toast
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds, for each toast
- 1/2 tsp tomato sauce, for making each toast
- 8-10 bread slices
- Wash and soak mung beans with skin in fresh water for 6 hours or overnight.
- Next, strain the water. Put mung beans to a mixer or blender.
- Add chopped ginger and green chilies. Grind to get a smooth batter. Collect it in a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onions, chopped coriander, grated cheese, and salt. Mix well. Let the mixture be thick. No need to add water.
- Take two bread slices. Thinly apply tomato sauce on one side of each slice. Next, generously spread cheese mung beans batter over it.
- Add some sesame seeds on the top. This will make the toast crunchier.
- Heat a pan. Add a few drops of ghee or oil on it. Put the bread slice upside down. Now, the coated surface touches the pan.
- Keep the heat medium-low. Add a few drops of oil or ghee on the top. Toast both sides.
- Turn off the heat. Place them on a plate. Cut each of them diagonally. Enjoy eating them hot.
- Repeat the same for making all the toasts. Happy eating!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 36 g||12%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 8 g||16%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|Sodium 22 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|