Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home.
A Snack Rich With Fiber, Calcium, and Protein
Whenever you want to have an easy and nutritious breakfast, consider making cheese mung bean toast. It takes about 30 minutes to make enough for four people. Soaking mung beans (moong with skin) is a prerequisite for this toast.
Cheese is a rich source of calcium, protein, vitamins, and minerals. It makes your bones strong. Mung beans are high in fiber, protein, B vitamins, and minerals. They are tasty when cooked.
This toast is smooth inside and crunchy outside. It has rich, herbal flavors, and the smooth texture of the cheese enhances the overall taste. This is a filling and nutritious snack.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves four people
- 1 heaped cup mung beans or moong dal with skin, washed, soaked in fresh water for 6 hours or overnight
- 1/4 inch ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon oil or ghee, for making each piece of toast
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds, for each piece of toast
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato sauce, for making each piece of toast
- 8 to 10 bread slices
- Wash and soak mung beans with skin in fresh water for 6 hours or overnight.
- Next, strain the water. Put the mung beans in a mixer or blender.
- Add chopped ginger and green chilies. Grind to get a smooth batter. Pour it into a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped onions, chopped coriander, grated cheese, and salt. Mix well. The mixture should be thick; there's no need to add water.
- Take two bread slices. Thinly apply tomato sauce on one side of each slice. Next, generously spread the batter over it.
- Add some sesame seeds on the top. This will make the toast crunchier.
- Heat a pan. Add a few drops of ghee or oil on it. Put the bread slice in the pan upside-down (the coated surface should touch the pan).
- Keep the heat medium-low. Add a few drops of oil or ghee on the top. Flip and toast both sides.
- Turn off the heat. Place the pieces of toast on a plate. Cut each of them diagonally. Enjoy eating them hot.
- Repeat the same process for making all of the toast. Happy eating!
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on May 26, 2018:
Yeah. It is very tasty when eaten hot. I made it yesterday for the breakfast.
peachy from Home Sweet Home on May 26, 2018:
Oh these cheese toast looks delicious