Rozlin loves to cook healthy food for her loving family, and she wants to share this recipe with her readers.
Delicious Chicken Malai Handi
Chicken malai handi is an Indian-style chicken dish in which chicken is marinated with spices, curd, and cream. It is then simmered with onions and almond cashew nut paste before being seasoned with dried fenugreek leaves and dry spice powder. Pair it with an Indian flatbread like tandoori roti or butter naan, or enjoy it with plain basmati rice or jeera rice.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 30 min
- 750 grams bone-in chicken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 6 tablespoons curd
- 3 fresh cream
- 7-8 cashew nuts
- 7-8 almonds
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3 green chillies
- milk, as needed
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- 2 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried fenugreek leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- water, as needed
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped
- Marinate the chicken with ginger-garlic paste, salt, white pepper powder, black pepper powder, curd, and cream for a minimum of 1 hour (or overnight).
- Heat some water in a saucepan. Add almonds, cashew nuts and sesame seeds. Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Strain the nuts and seeds; then discard the water. Grind them with green chillies and some milk.
- Heat some ghee and oil in a cooking pot.
- Add bay leaves, green cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add chopped onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add marinated chicken and mix well on high flame. Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Lower the flame and cover with a lid. Cook until the chicken is done.
- Add ground paste, garam masala powder and dried fenugreek leaves. Give it a good mix.
- Bring it to a boil on high flame. Then lower the flame, cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until oil separates.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with tandoori roti or naan.
Read More From Delishably
© 2021 Rozlin