As a child, Edwin's mom told him, "If you want to eat, you should cook it yourself." And that's exactly what he's been doing ever since.
What Is Chinese Sausage?
Chinese sausage is a fragrant and slightly sweet sausage that originated in the Chinese province of Guangdong (formerly Canton). Called lap cheong in Cantonese, it's made of pork seasoned with rice wine, soy sauce, and rose water, among other ingredients. It’s often used in stir-fry dishes. You can find this type of sausage in Asian stores.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Chinese sausages, thinly sliced crosswise
- 14 ounces leftover cooked long grain rice
- 4 ounces frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thaw out the frozen peas.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat.
- Saute the Chinese sausage for 2 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the green onions and cook for 1 more minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Add other vegetables such as diced carrots.
- Use oyster sauce instead of soy sauce.
- You can add another protein to this dish, as well, such as scrambled eggs.