I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Lumpia is the Filipino version of fried egg rolls or spring rolls. Typically, they are stuffed with vegetable or meat fillings.
In this recipe, I'll show you how to make delicious breakfast lumpia that are stuffed with a fluffy omelette filling. The texture combination of crispy and fluffy is delightful!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 6 tablespoons chopped carrots
- 6 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 9 lumpia wrappers (spring roll wrappers)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Water, to seal the wrapper
- Medium bowl
- Large plate
- Measuring spoons
- Chopping board
- Cooking spoon
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Saute the onion, carrots and green chilies.
- Add more oil. Pour in the beaten eggs. Mix to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Cook each side of the omelette until the desired doneness. Cover the pan for even cooking.
- Once done, set aside and allow it to cool down.
- Slice the omelette into sticks (1/2 inch by 4 inches). Set aside.
- Lay the lumpia wrappers on a plate.
- Line the omelette sticks above the bottom of the wrapper, leaving at least 1 to 1 1/2 inches of space on each side.
- Fold the lumpia wrapper from the bottom to the center. Then fold the wrapper from both the left and right sides to the center. From there, start rolling it.
- Seal the top part of the wrapper with water.
- Repeat steps 7 to 10 with the remaining ingredients.
- Once done, set up the frying pan. Heat enough oil to deep-fry the lumpia.
- Fry each piece until golden brown. Drain excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite dip.
Tips and Techniques
- Use any other vegetables you like in the omelette.
- Add meat to the omelette, as well, if you like.
- Add or omit seasonings as preferred.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
More Crispy Lumpia Recipes
- How to Cook Fish Lumpia: A Filipino-Inspired Dish
Lumpia is a popular Filipino spring roll. Let me show you my recipe for fish lumpia. Not only is it delicious, but it's healthy, too!
- How to Make Canned Sardines Lumpiang Shanghai
Do you enjoy Filipino lumpia? Try this delicious lumpiang Shanghai with canned sardines.
© 2020 Travel Chef