My husband and I love exploring new places. Currently, we reside in Utah. Someday, we would like to travel all across the United States.
Fried bananas are everyone's favorite in Malaysia. Anywhere you go, you will see street vendors selling these as snacks.
I make fried bananas almost every weekend to enjoy with my family—we love snacking on them as we chat. The crispy batter on the outside and the tender, sweet banana on the inside is so satisfying, and it tastes even more delicious when you pair it with sweet condiments, such as maple syrup, condensed milk, cinnamon sugar, chocolate syrup, or even ice cream.
Fried bananas are super easy to make, as you need only a few ingredients. Let's take a look.
- Bananas (I used plantains)
- 8 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for frying
- Prepare the batter: In a bowl, combine the rice flour, turmeric powder, and a pinch of salt. Add water slowly to make a smooth, paste-like batter. Do not add too much water, as the batter will get too thin. Set aside.
- Cut the banana half and then cut across into chunks.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat.
- Dip the bananas into the batter and try to coat them evenly.
- Fry the bananas for a few minutes or until they turn into golden brown.
- Keep any leftover batter in the fridge; you can use it another time.
Read More From Delishably
© 2017 Liza