Shwetha Bhat is passionate about food and cooking. She loves to experiment in the kitchen and share her recipes.
About Apple Banana Dosas
Apple banana dosas are great a breakfast or snack option that can be made in less than 10 minutes. This is a very healthy recipe that is packed with nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and dietary fibers.
Kids love these sweet dosas. Even kids who don't like fruit will gobble up these pancakes, so this is a great way to sneak some fruit into their diet.
The recipe requires very few ingredients, so it's perfect for those busy mornings when you need to whip up something fast.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1-2 ripe banana, roughly chopped
- 1/2 apple, peeled, and roughly chopped
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup milk, or as required
- 1 tablespoon oil or ghee
- salt, to taste
- Gather all ingredients and tools.
- In a bowl, add whole wheat flour, sugar, and salt.
- Combine chopped banana and apple. Mash until mushy. There is no need to do a fine paste; small chunks of fruit will add a pleasant texture to the dosa.
- Add wheat flour to the fruit mixture. Mix, adding 1/4 cup of milk little by little until it forms a semi-thick batter. Your goal is to achieve a dropping consistency or a thick flowing consistency.
- Heat pan, add oil, pour a ladle-full of batter over the pan. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip and cook on the other side until they're golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and transfer to the plate. Serve hot.
- You can substitute wheat flour with all-purpose flour (maida).
- Don't cook over high flame. Cook over a medium flame to get good-textured dosa.
- Adding sugar is optional. You can skip it, too.
- You can add grated jaggery instead of sugar.
- You can serve this recipe with honey, ghee, or butter.
Shwetha bhat (author) from Bengaluru on June 29, 2020:
Thanks for reading. Yes, this is easy and tasty dosas. Try it and enjoy.
Liza from USA on June 26, 2020:
This looks something easy to make at home. Thanks for sharing the recipe and the photos help a lot.