I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
Tasty and Colorful
Mixed vegetable mini pancakes are bite-sized pancakes made of veggies, spices, and two different types of flour. This recipe is very easy and quick. In order to make the pancakes appealingly colorful, I used vegetables in a variety of colors, including spinach, carrot, capsicum, tomato, potato, and onion. Not only are the pancakes eye-catching then, but they are also very delicious and healthy.
In addition to the vegetables, the spices add a lovely flavor, and the chickpea flour and all-purpose flour impart a nutty flavor.
Let me now share with you a detailed recipe to make these yummy pancakes.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 cups spinach, washed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, washed and cut in thin strips
- 1/2 cup potatoes, washed, peeled, and cut in thin strips
- 1/2 cup capsicum, cut in thin strips
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons chickpea flour (gram flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 small cup cooking oil, for making the pancakes
Read More From Delishably
- In a large mixing bowl, add chopped spinach, onions, tomatoes, potatoes, capsicum, carrots, black pepper powder, salt, soy sauce, all-purpose flour, and gram flour.
- Gently mix while adding a very small amount of water. The batter should have semi-solid consistency.
- Check the batter for taste. Adjust salt and pepper powder accordingly. Note: This recipe needs less salt because spinach and soy sauce have some salt in them. If you add more salt, the pancakes will become salty.
- Heat a pan and grease it with some oil. Keep the pan on medium heat. Take a lemon-sized ball of batter in your hand. Place it on the pan and slightly spread it. Make 4 such mini pancakes per batch.
- Add some oil on the pancakes. Cover the pan for quick cooking.
- Flip the pancakes when the bottom side becomes golden brown. Add some oil on the top.
- Cook both sides until they become golden brown. Remove and place them on a plate.
- Repeat the same with the remaining batter for making more pancakes.
These pancakes are soft, spicy, and flavorful. You don't need any side dish for serving these pancakes. However, they pair well with tomato sauce.