I come from an agricultural family. I love to cook and eat natural and healthy foods.
A Tasty Capsicum Side Dish in 15 Minutes
This is an easy and simple curry that takes only about 10–15 minutes to make. You probably already have all the ingredients you need in your kitchen, so making this yummy curry is something you can do quickly and easily, without much planning.
Sautéing is the best way to cook bell pepper because this method allows the peppers to retain all of their health benefits. Serve this curry as a side dish with pancakes or boiled rice.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 heaped cups bell pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Carom Seed Option
In the beginning of the curry making, you can saute half a teaspoon carom seeds in the oil, for the added flavor. Carom seeds are good for digestion, too.
- Chop bell pepper into tiny pieces. Finely chop the onion. Keep all other ingredients handy.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil (you can use more oil for this curry) in a kadhai. Add chopped onion. Saute until it turns transparent and golden. Add chopped bell pepper. Throw salt as per taste. Mix well; no need to add water. The moisture in the bell pepper is sufficient for the cooking.
- Stir the mixture occasionally. No need to cover the kadhai. Add sugar and red chili powder. The bell pepper should be cooked (but still crunchy) after a few minutes. Add chickpea flour. Let the fire be minimum. Mix well so that it won't burn on the bottom. Mix thoroughly for 1 minute. Put off the fire.
- The curry is ready to serve. Transfer it to a serving bowl and enjoy!
© 2016 ShailaSheshadri