Cooking has always been my passion. I prefer simple recipes with easily available ingredients.
Pineapple helps to keep your body cool and overcome the summer heat. This quick and easy pineapple pudding is one our favorite treats during the summer season.
One of the reasons this recipe is so easy is that it doesn't require fresh pineapple. The wonderful fruit flavor comes from just a few drops of pineapple essence.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 20 min
- 2 tablespoons gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pineapple essence
- A few drops yellow food coloring
- In a bowl, add the cold water and gelatin. Mix well so there are no lumps. After it is completely mixed, set aside.
- To a pan, add the milk and granulated sugar. Mix well over low heat until the sugar dissolves completely. Make sure the milk does not boil. Once the mixture is hot, switch off the heat.
- Add the prepared gelatin mix to the hot mixture and mix well until it completely dissolves. Since the gelatin should have become semi-solid, it might require thorough mixing for it to completely dissolve in the milk.
- After the gelatin has completely dissolved, set it aside to cool.
- Once it has cooled, add the whipping cream and beat with a hand mixer starting at low speed and gradually moving to high speed. After the beating process, the volume of the mixture should almost double.
- Add the pineapple essence and beat well.
- Add a few drops of yellow food coloring and mix well.
- Once everything is mixed well and a thick consistency is reached, the pudding is ready. Pour it into a pudding mold and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Once set, cut it into the shapes you prefer and serve chilled.
Read More From Delishably
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Heera