A graduate in botany, Nithya enjoys cooking and sharing recipes.
Yellow moong dal salad is a favorite at my house. It is easy to make and tastes delicious. It makes a great side dish or snack, and it's perfect on a hot summer day.
Yellow moong dal, or yellow lentils, are easy to prepare and also easy to digest. They are highly nutritious; they are rich in protein, B complex vitamins, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, and dietary fiber.
Soaking time: 2 hours
Active preparation time: 15 minutes
Read More From Delishably
- 1 cup yellow moong dal
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Pinch of asafetida
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Wash yellow moong dal thoroughly and then soak for 2 hours.
- Strain the dal till all the water is drained. Transfer the dal to a salad bowl.
- Add the shredded carrot, lime juice, and salt. Mix thoroughly
- Heat oil in a small pan. Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. Then add the curry leaves and a pinch of asafetida.
- Pour the contents of the pan over the yellow moong dal salad in the bowl and mix well. The salad is now ready to be served.
You can add finely chopped cucumber and grated coconut to the salad. Choose according to your liking.
© 2020 Nithya Venkat