Rajan writes to share his knowledge of health, yoga, pranayama, alternative therapies, natural remedies, food recipes, and more.
Egg korma, or egg kurma as it is spelled sometimes, is a spicy and rich Mughlai egg curry dish that is from the Hyderabadi region of India. The dish originated on the Indian subcontinent.
The curry has a sauce-like consistency and is prepared in a yogurt base with various spices, herbs, and fresh cream along with other ingredients.
Eggs Are a Healthy Dietary Addition
Ever since the chicken was domesticated, and maybe even before that, eggs have been an important part of our diet, especially for non-vegetarians. They are a nutritious and healthy food with zero external adulteration. Some would say that they stand out as a healthier option to many other foods.
However, while eggs do provide many nutrients and are of a good source of protein, they do contain some cholesterol and fat. For this reason, it is advised to eat them in moderation.
Read More From Delishably
An egg provides complete nutrition to a growing fetus not only while it is growing but for 24 hours and more after hatching. All the more reason for everyone to include eggs as part of their daily diet.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
1 hour 35 min
- 3 tbsp desi ghee (clarified butter), or oil
- 4 eggs, boiled and peeled
- 1 cup dahi (yogurt)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 medium-sized onions, sliced and fried until they caramelize
- 1/4 cup peanuts, roasted
- 1/2 cup fresh or dry coconut meat, sliced
- 2 tbsp khaskhas (poppy seeds), soaked in water for 2 hours
- 2-3 tbsp hara dhania (cilantro), chopped
- 15-20 pudina (mint leaves)
- 2 green chillies, stalks removed and slit on one side
- 1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups water
- Prick the eggs with a fork from all sides.
- Dry roast the peanuts and the sliced coconut until they turn light brown. Remove the peanut skins.
- On low heat, grind to a fine paste the peanuts, coconut, browned onion, and the poppy seeds by adding the yogurt.
- Melt the clarified butter on low heat and then fry the ginger garlic paste for 1/2 a minute.
- Add the peanut-coconut paste and roast for a minute on low-medium heat.
- Put in the spices, the coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, green chilies, cilantro, mint, and salt and mix again.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the oil separates out from the masala. Give a stir every 1-2 minutes.
- Add the garam masala and stir to combine. Add in the water and stir until mixed. Raise heat to medium and let it come to a boil.
- Add the eggs and give a light stir. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 8-10 minutes, giving a stir every 2 minutes until the gravy thickens to the consistency shown in the video. If you want a thinner gravy, add some water and cook for a few minutes.
- The egg korma is ready. Serve with naan, paratha, roti, or rice.
Egg Korma Recipe (Hyderabadi Egg Curry)
© 2018 Rajan Singh Jolly