Rajan loves cooking dishes from his native Indian cuisine. He enjoys sharing his favourite recipes with his online readers.
Today, I am sharing a simple and quick to prepare healthy breakfast dish: Indian-style egg stuffed paratha.
Try it and share your feedback.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Read More From Delishably
For the egg mixture:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp chopped hara dhania (cilantro)
For the paratha:
- about 40 grams whole wheat flour dough
- dry whole wheat flour, as needed
- oil, as needed
- In a mixing bowl add the egg and the rest of the egg mixture ingredients. Mix lightly until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat up a skillet to on medium heat.
- Take the dough, roll into a ball, flatten it a bit and roll it in the dry flour until well coated. With a rolling pin, roll it out into a round roti.
- Spread a thin layer of oil all over the roti. Sprinkle dry flour all over it and fold it in half. Spread oil over this again then sprinkle the dry flour once more. Fold the roti again to make a triangular piece of dough.
- Roll the folded dough in dry flour until well coated. With a rolling pin, roll it out into a triangular-shaped paratha.
- Place the paratha on the hot skillet. Lower the heat to low-medium and cook for about 20-30 seconds. Then flip it over and cook the other side for 20-30 seconds as well.
- Flip the paratha again and reduce the heat to low. With a flat ladle, slightly lift the top fold in the paratha. Pour the egg mixture in the paratha and spread it all over. Seal the paratha by pressing with the ladle. Cook the paratha until the underside is cooked a little.
- Flip the paratha and spread a little oil on top. Let it cook a little and then flip it again, spread a little oil on this side too.
- Cook the paratha by flipping at short intervals until it is crisp and well cooked with brown spots all over.
- Serve the egg stuffed paratha with pickle or butter (or both).
Egg Stuffed Paratha Recipe (Anda Wala Paratha)
© 2022 Rajan Singh Jolly