I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods. I use minimal oil and don't use artificial colors or preservatives in my cooking.
Mouthwatering Fenugreek Leaf Chutney Recipe
Fenugreek leaf is a nutrient-rich and low-calorie vegetable that has a nice aroma. It is a popular culinary ingredient that is used extensively around the world. When used in cooking, it adds a special flavor to the food.
Fenugreek leaf is a rich source of iron, dietary fiber, protein, and minerals. It has many medicinal uses, as well. It can help maintain proper blood sugar levels in the body, and it has an outstanding ability to reduce LDL levels, triglycerides, and cholesterol.
This fenugreek leaf chutney is very tasty. It is moderately spiced, with the perfect blend of salty, sour, and spicy. You won't detect any bitterness in this chutney.
This easy side dish goes very well with plain rice, dosa, idli, poori, and other flatbreads.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
A bowl of fenugreek leaf chutney
- 1 heaped bowl fenugreek leaves, washed
- 2–3 tablespoons grated coconut
- 4-5 dry red chilies
- 1 cup onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon white lentils/urad dal
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- goose berry size tamarind
- 1/3 teaspoon or salt to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon oil, for sauteing
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Heat oil in a pan. Throw in the white lentils. Sauté on low heat until they become golden brown.
- Add coriander seeds, dry red chilies, garlic cloves, and tamarind pieces. Sauté for 1 minute. Turn off the heat. Transfer them to a plate.
- Add onions to the same pan. Sauté them until they become golden on all sides. Remove and place them on the same plate.
- Next, sauté fenugreek leaves in the same pan. Sauté them until they wilt and get cooked. This may take about 7–8 minutes sautéing on low heat. Collect them in a bowl.
- Put all the sautéed items except sautéed fenugreek into a mixer or blender. Add grated coconut and salt. Grind together to get a coarse sauce.
- Finally, add sautéed fenugreek leaves. Pulse or grind once again till it gets crushed and blends with the other ingredients.
- Now, your favorite fenugreek leaf chutney is ready! Serve with plain rice, dosa, chapati, etc. Enjoy the yummy taste.