Rozlin loves to cook healthy food for her loving family, and she enjoys sharing her recipes with her readers.
Green Moong Kebabs
Green moong kebabs are healthy and crispy patties prepared with green moong whole (whole green gram) and chana dal (split chickpea lentils). It is flavoured with chopped onions, green chillies, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, turmeric powder, and coriander leaves.
These kebabs make an ideal teatime snack, served with spicy chutney or tomato ketchup. It's also a great snack for the rainy season. Pair them with a cup of hot tea on a rainy evening.
You can make this kebab with moong alone. I added chana dal, as it makes the kebabs more nutritious. Green moong is full of complex carbohydrates in the form of high fibre, which aids digestion. Chana dal is rich in B-complex vitamins that play an important role in glucose metabolism and are vital for energy.
- 100 grams whole green moong (whole green gram whole), soaked overnight
- 50 grams chana dal (split chickpea lentils), soaked overnight
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3 green chillies, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 onions, chopped
- salt, to taste
- turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
- oil, for frying
- In a chopper jar, add soaked green moong and chana dal. Add chopped garlic, chopped green chillies, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, and ginger-garlic paste. Chop to a coarse paste.
- Transfer to a container and add chopped onion, salt, turmeric powder, and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Heat some oil in a kadai for deep-frying.
- Take a lemon-sized portion of the mixture. Shape it in a kebab.
- Deep-fry in hot oil on low flame until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer the cooked kebab onto absorbent paper.
- Serve the warm kebabs with your favorite dip.
Read More From Delishably
Suggestions and Variations
- Do not grind the kebab mixture to a fine paste. Chop it to a coarse paste without water. Coarse paste will give you crispy kebabs.
- You can increase or decrease the number of green chillies as per your taste.
- You can keep the kebab mixture in the fridge. It will keep well for a week.
- You can freeze the kebab mixture for up to a month. Thaw it when you want to fry.
- Serve the kebabs with coriander mint chutney, tomato ketchup, or any favourite dip.
- You can enjoy these kebabs with pav (loaf bread).
© 2021 Rozlin