Healthy Dishes: Kadhai Mixed Vegetable Curry Recipe
Kadhai Mixed Vegetable Curry
Kadhai mixed vegetable curry is a delightful dish that is both tasty and healthy. The recipe is fairly flexible, too, which gives you the liberty to use any vegetables you prefer, as well as different combinations of spices. You can incorporate paneer, mushroom, etc., along with other veggies like carrots, French beans, potato, capsicum, and cauliflower.
A kadhai, by the way, is a deep-bottomed pan that is commonly used in India. It is similar to a wok, but it has a flat base.
This curry has a beautiful color and a wonderful taste. Serve it with roti, chapati, rice, phulka, or any kind of flatbread.
- 1/4 cup carrot, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup French beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- fistful fresh peas/frozen
- 1/4 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut, grated
- 2 tbsp cashew pieces
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder (available in Indian stores; I recommend Kitchen King brand)
- 2 tbsp tomato, finely chopped
- 3 dry red chilies
- 1/4 inch ginger, cut in pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped, for garnishing
- 1/6 tsp dry mango powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup paneer (optional, cut into cubes)
- 1/4 cup potato, cut into cubes
- Take cashew nuts, grated coconut, garam masala, red chilies, ginger, and garlic and put them in a mixer. Grind, adding water as needed, to get a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Chop vegetables as directed. Heat oil in a kadhai or deep-bottom pan. Throw in chopped onion. Saute until it turns golden. Add paneer cubes. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Throw in carrot, French beans, fresh peas, and cauliflower. Continue sautéing for 2-3 minutes. Add capsicum and tomato. Mix well. Stir-cook further for 1minute. Add water. Cover the kadhai for fast cooking. Lower the heat, continue cooking until veggies are cooked but still crunchy.
- Pour ground mix. Mix well. Add salt, sugar, turmeric powder, and dry mango powder. Let it boil. Simmer on low flame for 3-4 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Kadhai vegetable curry is ready to serve. Serve hot with flatbread, poori, chapati, kulcha, naan, roti, etc. Enjoy!
Photo TutorialClick thumbnail to view full-size
|Serving size: 1 cup|
|Calories from Fat||63|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 7 g||11%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 14 g||5%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 440 mg||18%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|