Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives and artificial colors.
Kadhai Mixed Vegetable Curry
Kadhai mixed vegetable curry is a delightful dish that is both tasty and healthy. The recipe is fairly flexible, too, which gives you the liberty to use any vegetables you prefer, as well as different combinations of spices. You can incorporate paneer, mushrooms, etc., along with other veggies like carrots, French beans, potatoes, capsicum, and cauliflower.
A kadhai, by the way, is a deep-bottomed pan that is commonly used in India. It is similar to a wok, but it has a flat base.
This curry has a beautiful color and a wonderful taste. Serve it with roti, chapati, rice, phulka, or any kind of flatbread.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves four people
- 1/4 cup carrot, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup French beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 fistful fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut, grated
- 2 tablespoons cashew pieces
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder (available in Indian stores; I recommend Kitchen King brand)
- 2 tablespoons tomato, finely chopped
- 3 dry red chilies
- 1/4 inch ginger, cut in pieces
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped, for garnishing
- 1/6 teaspoon dry mango powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup paneer (optional, cut into cubes)
- 1/4 cup potato, cut into cubes
- Take cashew nuts, grated coconut, garam masala, red chilies, ginger, and garlic and put them in a mixer. Grind, adding water as needed, to get a smooth paste. Set aside.
- Chop vegetables as directed. Heat oil in a kadhai or deep-bottomed pan. Throw in chopped onion. Saute until it turns golden. Add paneer cubes. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Throw in carrot, French beans, fresh peas, and cauliflower. Continue sautéing for 2 to 3 minutes. Add capsicum and tomato. Mix well. Stir-cook further for 1 minute. Add water. Cover the kadhai for fast cooking. Lower the heat and continue cooking until veggies are cooked but still crunchy.
- Pour in the ground mix from step 1. Mix well. Add salt, sugar, turmeric powder, and dry mango powder. Let it boil. Simmer on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Kadhai vegetable curry is ready to serve. Serve hot with flatbread, poori, chapati, kulcha, naan, roti, etc. Enjoy!