I was a banker, presently working as a freelancer. I have a passion for making healthy and delectable food. I use minimum oil in my cooking
Delicious and Healthy Baby Corn Satay
I often use baby corn in my cooking. Since it's mildly sweet and crunchy, this type of corn works well in many different recipes.
Another reason I enjoy cooking with baby corn is because of its health benefits. Baby corn is low in calories and high in fiber. It's a good source of protein and vital antioxidants. Since the corn ears are fibrous, they stimulate digestion.
Making baby corn satay is quick and easy. It took me about 15 minutes of active time and 15 minutes of passive time. This starter is almost oil-free, and as such, it will suit those who may be watching their weight.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For the marinade:
- 3 tablespoons thick curd or yogurt
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 4 garlic cloves, finely crushed, or 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon carom seeds
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 12 pieces of baby corn, parboiled
- 1 teaspoon corn flour, mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- A few capsicum strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to add while parboiling the baby corn
- Parboil the baby corn with water and some salt.
- Prepare a marinade by combining curd, corn flour, red chili powder, carom seeds, crushed garlic, oil, and salt.
- Add the baby corn to the marinade. Toss well and set aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a deep-bottomed pan, heat the oil. Throw in the chopped onions. Saute until they become pinkish. Add the capsicum strips. Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the baby corn and corn flour mixture. Gently mix until the baby corn becomes coated with the other ingredients in the pan and the raw smell of the corn flour vanishes.
- Turn off the heat. Separate each piece of baby corn and arrange on a serving plate.
- This spicy and flavorful baby corn satay is ready to munch! Enjoy the crunchiness!
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on September 22, 2019:
Oh...thanks for your inspiring words! Hope, you will try this recipe.
Halemane Muralikrishna from South India on September 22, 2019:
Very nice mouthwatering items of delight. You simply kindle our tastebuds!