A Delicious Dish
Kale, also called fluted pumpkin, is a leafy vegetable that has diverse uses in Nigerian cuisine. It can be blended into smoothies, used in salads, or added to soups. This particular dish features kale as the primary ingredient. It is highly nutritious and delicious.
The ingredients are inexpensive and easy to find, and the dish itself is easy to prepare. I hope you try it and enjoy it!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 dry catfish (or fish of your choice)
- dry cod fish or stock fish, to taste
- 1/4 kilo kale
- 2 bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons ground crayfish
- 5 habanero peppers, blended
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 onion
- 3 bell peppers
- 4 chili peppers
- 5 tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons locust beans
- 3 tablespoons fermented locust beans
- 1/2 kilo goat meat or beef, chopped
- In a dry pot, add the meat, salt and one bouillon cube. Allow to steam over low heat.
- Wash the tomatoes, peppers, and onions, and then blend them together.
- Add the tomato puree to a separate pot. Turn the heat up to high.
- When the water is much reduced, add the stock fish and dry fish after washing thoroughly.
- Add crayfish, locust beans, and the second bouillon cube. Stir and taste for salt. (It is important not to use too much salt at this point because fermented locust beans are salty, and you're still going to use the meat stock.)
- Add red palm oil and cover the pot. Allow it to cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the meat and meat stock. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes. Taste for salt.
- Add the kale and stir. Cover and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.